Saturday 23 November 2013

Granny Stripe Pram Blanket

Today I should be in Harrogate at the Knitting and Stitching Show but alas after lost of thinking about it the last couple of days I decided with just over three weeks till due date it wasn't the best of ideas.  It is so busy there and with a pram as well, last year I spent most of the day waiting for people to let me through spaces so I thought I'd give it a miss this year.  Hopefully next year I will be able to go.  So after shopping and library crafts with Little L this morning I finally got round to finishing off this little blanket when she had her sleep.  

I worked in granny stripes and used a 5mm hook and James C Brett Aran with wool in cream and red (to match the new pram and they are unisex colours too).  I made the border up and probably should have done less stitches down the sides because the pattern is a bit bunched up.  I did block it but no amount of stretching could smooth those scallops.  

I stitched the ends in  at the end and yes there were lots of them.  I could have worked over them as I went which I did a few but half were the wrong colour to work in as you go so they had to be sewn in at the end.  The blanket is big enough for in the pram folded in half or for the car seat, or neither if I have a sicky baby!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...