Saturday 16 February 2013

More shabby than chic

A present from my sister arrived at our house last Saturday.  Described by sister J as a vintage/retro little table with stools to match.  Hhhhm yes it is a table and it has stools but I think maybe it needs a bit of tarting up first. 
 
Black formica drop leaf table with two matching stools
 
 
Love these little pegs that secure the seat in place so at least I can recover them easily
 
It is pretty sound for its age, it needs new hinges for the drop leaves and a bit of glue on some of the joints on the stools.
 
Not sure what to do with it. 
I am tempted to paint it all and recover the stool seats. 
Or I could just paint the formica top and leave the legs and the stool legs as varnished. 
Or I could take the top off and find a new top for it out of just plain wood. 
 

So many possibilities ............. the fire oh no sorry I won't burn it
 
My sister sent me a photo of a similar table (use your imagination) she had seen at a display at a garden centre.  Not sure mine could look like that!
 
Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Definately chic. Maybe you need some rose coloured glasses for today, then you could take another look!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very vintage / retro a little imagination and I'm sure it will be fine . Looks like your sister has a real eye for a bargin !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...