Friday 26 October 2012

Halloween Pumpkin Hat

Happy Halloween for next week people.  In preparation for Halloween (which I confess I don't really like especially the cheeky children who live streets away and are intent on getting as much stuff as possible) anyway I cast on a spooky hat for litttle L a couple of weeks ago. 
 
It was a basic pattern which I have knit several times before (baby hat)  and I used some tan coloured wool.  When I started doing the k2tog to shape the hat I added in some green.  I just made it up to create the top of the pumpkin.  I have never followed any colour patterns or fairisle type things so I was really pleased with myself.  The back wool (on the inside) is a bit messy and my wool was too tight at the back hence the green bit is a bit pointy.  But overall it looks good.
 
 
I had to give her a set off keys whilst I took the photo to keep her still.  So there you have it that is her full Halloween costume.  We will be going to one of our local farms this weekend to get us a pumpkin to carve (well that's just for me really) and we will get some sweets just in case we get any visitors.
Hope you all have a good weekend.  Bye for now X

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...